Quickbook 8007057 is a very commom error. This error code shows a message i.e. “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” when the user tries to open a company file. It means that user has not enough permission to delete the files from the particular folder. You must have the read/write also create/delete rights to access the company file.
Methods to solve Quickbooks error code 80070057 is-
SOLUTION 1 : Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties
- Click the QuickBooks tab
- Note the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last
- opened with a file.
- Click OK.
Change the extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- Now, Right-click on the new folder and choose Rename. Change the file extension to .qbm. To save changes click anywhere.
- Next, Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are facing problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File” option, Right-click and select the New Folder.
- Now, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it in a new folder.
- Finally open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder.
SOLUTION 2 : Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 3 : When converting files from mac to windows use backup options in windows function.
SOLUTION 4 : Download and also run the QuickBooks file Doctor in your system.